There are many things to like this week.
Stampede has been a blast. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend. And Michelle’s toe is inlicting much less pain.
But let’s get down to our official “Things We Like” list for the week:
- The “Stampede Pocket Square,” created, styled and worn by Sam Edney, a Canadian luger. Find yourself some hay, stuff it in your pocket and you, too, can be as stylish as Sam here:
- BBQ’ed melon? Yes, please.
- And we could eat it for dinner here, in our imaginary vacation home.
- Aritzia’s summer sale — with 30 to 50 percent off all summer goods — is too enticing to pass up. Our credit cards are nervous.
- “The perogies are coming to the people.” Never has the opening line of a press release excited Michelle so. The release announced the arrival of the Perogy Boyz food truck, which should hit Calgary streets in August. Brendan Bankowski, he of Taste Restaurant, is the driving force (pun intended) behind the truck. When Bankowski and his partners, Curtis Berry and Shaun Greenwood, get rolling (sorry, can’t help it), they’ll be serving up perogies, sausages and more. To stay in the loop and to find out exactly when and where they’ll be, check them out at facebook.com/perogyboyz or on Twitter at @perogyboyz.
- Finally, as we head into the last weekend of Stampede, check out these fun shots we took at Wednesday’s Stampede Roundup.
~The Toque Girls