Hello Friday! What are your plans for the weekend? Chris’s plans revolve around hiking, running and biking, and maybe going to check out Double Zero pizza. Michelle will be swearing at her big toe, catching up with friends and figuring out all the ways to workout outside without using her right foot.
On our list for this week:
- Have you heard of the Tilted Grill? It’s a fun new restaurant in Mission that serves unusual street foods from around the world. Grilled calamari tacos? Yes please. Patio? Of course. And 30 kinds of tequila if that’s the way you roll.
- Are you running the Stampede road race this weekend? Or trying to get back into running? Go read To Be a Runner. It’ll remind you why you love the sport.
- Gravity Pope‘s anniversary shoe sale with at least 20% of everything continues for another few days. Chris stocked up with these.
- NARS lipstick and glosses. Michelle recently bought a matte lipstick, Carthage, as well as a gloss, Wonder, and is impressed with their intense colour. Each one can be worn alone but, because she’s not used to wearing matte lipstick, Michelle’s been chickening out and wearing the gloss on top of the lipstick. One day soon, she’ll overcome her fear of matte.
- Eating lots of salads lately? So are we. We’re topping ours with good olive oil and Blaze, “The First Balsamic Glaze,” available at Mercato. The glaze makes even the most basic salad seem gourmet.
- We hear that Original Joe’s has a tasty new Light Lager. When we need to cool our cowboy boot heels this week, we may hit an OJ’s patio to give it a try.
Cheers lovelies! See you Monday.
~The Toque Girls