Father’s Day is Sunday, and we really love our dads. We don’t know what we’d do without these fine men in our lives.
And here’s Michelle and her dad:
We love our dads for so many reasons. Here are just a few:
- They’re strong, smart and generous.
- They give the best big hugs, make the best popcorn and can dive to the bottom of the sea to bring up sand, even when it’s too deep for ordinary humans.
- They figure out how to get the Internet set up ASAP on the other side of the world so that Chris’ husband can watch the playoffs.
- They taught us how to play ping pong and tennis and how to fake a basketball shot and drive to the net.
- They used to let us sneak stray cats into our bedrooms.
- They taught us to read, by reading Green Eggs and Ham ten thousand times. Eventually, we learned to read “anywhere.” Now, Chris’ dad carries her heavy books in his suitcase on family trips because her bags are over the weight limit.
- They didn’t get too mad the times we dropped his new leather shoe into the septic tank at the lake (Michelle), or got caught playing hooky from camp (Chris), or told him we were studying at the university but really took his van to West Edmonton Mall to go bowling with a boy and then lost the keys (Michelle), or “yucked up” his favourite book (Chris). Thanks, dads.
- They make us feel loved, looked after and protected, no matter where we are in the world.