1. I don’t want to talk about the election today.
2. I do want to talk briefly about hockey. Good luck to the Vancouver Canucks tonight! I’m joining cute Harrison and his cousin Aster in cheering on the boys. Isn’t this the best photo, taken by Aster’s dad Kevin Leong?
Completely irresistible. (If Harrison looks familiar, it’s because his mom is Andree Lau of Are You Gonna Eat That?)
3. Okay, onto business. I’m stuffing myself with immune-boosting foods. My body is rebelling against all the travel. Over the last five days, I’ve gone through a stomach bug which turned into a head cold. I’m off again Friday for a big work trip (this time to Chicago) so I. Must. Get. Better.
Enter one of my long-time dinner standbys: a curried salmon, paired with antioxidant-rich greens and a mango-raspberry quinoa. Curry, yogurt, ginger, salmon — all good things. My insides feel better just thinking about it. I hope yours do, too.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp of curry paste (or more if you like spicy)
- juice of one lime
1. In a bowl, stir yogurt with ginger, curry paste and lime. Spread yogurt mixture over salmon.
2. Roast salmon in 450F oven from 10 to 15 minutes or grill on barbecue for 10 minutes.
3. Garnish with lime
For the quinoa, I usually throw in whatever I have. Tonight, I added fresh chopped mango, raspberries, thinly sliced cucumber and lots of fresh mint. I mixed a dressing of 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and juice of another lime. We also BBQ’ed broccoli, tossed with garlic and balsamic vinegar.
Usually, I’d be all over a glass of riesling with this. Boo colds.
If you’ll excuse me, I need to grab an orange and cup of echinacea tea for dessert.
PS – Do send Chicago travel recommendations, please. If I’m not stuck in my hotel room eating chicken soup, I’d love to check out some new finds.