Ah, Friday. It looks — oh, we hope we don’t jinx it — like a gorgeous sunny weekend ahead. We’ve got heavy-duty outdoors plans like skiing at Lake Louise and long runs, balanced out by some great meals at places like Belgo Brasserie. Lots of catching up with friends to be had.
On our “we like” list for this week:
We’d like to see them on friendly feet, like those of our readers.
- Have you heard about the movie Jane Eyre? Go, leave the boys at home, bring tissue. We saw it this week and Michelle was in tears before the final scene even began.
- Trust Rick Mercer to come out with the best election analysis we’ve read.
- How delicious does this sound? A cooking class with Catch Restaurant & Oyster Bar’s Executive Chef Kyle Groves on Saturday afternoon.
- Speaking of food, Original Joe’s, which is a Toque Girls favourite, recently posted its nutritional guide. (The chicken burger is in. The Sicilian burger is out. S., your beloved Kona burger weighs in at 1,370 calories, 86 grams of fat, 3270 grams of sodium. You’re probably shouting “perfect!” as you read this.)
- Lavender-scented Epsom salts dissolved in a hot bath. Michelle’s been using them lately to help her achy muscles and can’t get enough of the lavender scent. She will swing by London Drugs this weekend to buy more.
~The Toque Girls
(Chris came across the following story this morning and had to add it to the Friday list. How cute is this proposal? A novelist proposed to his girlfriend in the acknowledgments page of his book. Read about it here.)