Friends, we’re trying something new.
Today we’re writing about Things We Like, a random assortment of things we’ve come across recently that we — no surprise here — like. We plan on doing this every Friday.
There are two reasons we’re giving this a go:
- During the week, we often come across cool little things and share them with each other. They include things such as an amazing new lip gloss, a well-written series in the New York Times, news of an upcoming concert and must-have concealer. Now, we’ll share those with you, too.
- These blog posts don’t write themselves, you know. Compiling a fun list for our Friday posts will ease the writing load and give us a joint writing opportunity, which we enjoy. Behind the Toque Girls scenes, some of the most fun we’ve had has been when we write together and laugh, laugh, laugh. And eat ice cream sandwiches.
So, please let us know what you think of the new idea. As it says on the About page, we don’t bite.
Without further ado, here are some Things We Like:
- Lip glaze from FACE Atelier. Like the site says, it’s “impossibly shiny and smooth.” It also has vibrant colour, which is awesome. In our opinion, too many lip glosses have weak pigment that doesn’t last. We’re hooked on the Shiraz and Primrose colours.
- Saturday afternoon trips to the Italian Supermarket. Load up on buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes and crusty buns for sandwiches. While browsing, order a pizza to go. A secret: they now serve their pizzas Thursday – Sunday. But they still often sell out by 3. (This photo from their website looks so calm and elegant; in reality, the space is in a wonderful Italian frenzy all the time.)
- Do read this beautifully written series in the New York Times. Dr. Peter Bach writes about his wife’s experiences with cancer.
- Almond Hazelnut Butter. We swear, toast has never tasted so good. Find this nut butter, by Nuts to You Butter Inc., at Safeway and other grocery stores.
- Calgary’s Bow Cycle has their annual Blue Light special sale next weekend, with some killer bike deals. Check it out here.
- Double Fudge Irish Cream Cookies. Everyone should know about these.
- Chanel nail polish in Particuliere. The taupe/grey shade isn’t new, but it’s perfect to balance out the bright colours we’ll be wearing this spring.
Have a wonderful weekend.
~The Toque Girls