A friend of ours has had a very, very bad week. Yesterday, at a particularly rough moment in this very, very bad week, she and her family showed incredible grace. Instead of swearing and raging at the situation, they simply asked everyone they know to “do something nice for someone else.”
We’re extending that to you, our readers. Please go out and do something nice for someone.
Some nice things people have done for me:
- Leave a note for someone you love. Smile at someone you don’t even know.
- Avoid driving through a puddle when you see someone walking or running nearby — someone did this for me on Saturday and it made me very, very happy.
- Tell another runner, “great job,” when you see them going up and down and up and down the Crescent Heights stairs.
- Let a car merge in front of you.
- Give a book you love to someone you know.
- Make a farmers market date with a friend you haven’t seen in ages.
- Tell someone they are very beautiful.
- Give someone flowers in a long white box.
- Make someone a sandwich for the road, not an ordinary sandwich but one filled with ingredients like buffalo mozzarella, farmers market tomatoes and balsamic glaze.
Need more inspiration? How about these?
This vintage postcard is from Nice, France. A trip to France would be very, very nice.
Silly cards like this one from Frantic Meerkat:
Or a nice bottle of wine, like this bottle from The Nice Winery.