Remember my plan for a fun outfit for the Heritage Classic? That went out the window as soon as people began tossing around words like “wind chill” and “minus 20.”
This was the reality:
Sure, you laugh. But I was warm. Er, let me rephrase: I didn’t freeze.
And, it’s getting colder. I feel we need a winter pep talk post. I do, anyway, because if I don’t adapt soon, I’ll be at the airport with my passport and a bikini before the boy gets home from work.
Let’s come up with a list of ways to make this week survivable. I’ll start.
Best enjoyed wearing drawstring pants and watching TV from under a blanket. (Shooting this photo was a good idea. It gave me an excuse to bust out the wine and the Ghiarardelli Sea Salt Soiree chocolate. Okay, maybe I sneaked in the chocolate just so I could eat some.)
2. Not feeling badly about hiding inside and watching far too many movies in a pre-Oscar movie binge:
3. Slippers, like these cute ballet ones from Jenster 76 Designs Etsy shop. You could pull off killer kitchen pirouettes in these lovelies.
4. Trips home to Fernie because there’s a base of 284 cm and it’s always warmer there:
5. Pond hockey and happy dogs with three shoes:
6. Snowshoeing with a thermos of hot chocolate tucked into your pack:
See, it’s not so bad!