We’re completely smitten with fingerless arm warmers. Smitten.
The boy calls them our “homeless people mittens.” Ha-ha. Very funny. He obviously does not get our sartorial wit.
Really, how could a girl not fall hard for these fun ones from Roots?
For an accessory seemingly without purpose, these F.A.W.’s are surprisingly wearable. They work well for:
- Outdoor runs when it’s too hot for a sweater, too cold for a T-shirt;
- Fancy dress outings involving sweaters/coats with three-quarter length sleeves;
- Sleepovers at friends’ country houses when covers and flannel jammies can’t keep the cold out;
- Adventures around autumn farmer’s markets, paired with a jean jacket and scarf;
- Study sessions in coffeehouses.
A cautionary note: they do not — and we can’t emphasize this enough — work well at events attended by orthopedic surgeons. I wore a pair of cozy cashmere UGG arm warmers in cream to a party with orthopedic surgeons. They all thought I had bilateral wrist fractures.
A definite fashion buzz killer.