We devised this workout in a fit of madness after a weekend of chocolate. Check those stairs out! There are 167 of them. It’s serious business. This is not for the faint of heart. Or for people who faint.
Keep in mind that you could do this with any set of stairs, anywhere, anytime. Ideally, the stairs you find to run will make your lungs burn and your legs turn to jello — after just one time up.
This is how we do it (said in Montell Jordan styles):
Repeat this circuit twice:
- Run the stairs, one step at a time, all the way up and all the way down.
- At the bottom, do 10 burpees, 20 squats, 20 pushups and 30 lunges.
- If tired, remind yourself you want an ass of steel. And that’s why you’re out here.
Repeat this circuit three times:
- Lunge up the stairs, two at a time. (You saw that coming.) Come back down one at a time.
- Find a bench. Do 25 tricep dips off the bench.
- Do 20 sumo squats. Add in 20 jumping squats for good measure.
- Swear at The Toque Girls, if you must.
Now, for more cardio fun:
- Pick landmarks — benches, trees and light posts all work — to establish turnaround points for suicide drills.
- Sprint one suicide series.
- You’re now back at the beginning, a perfect place to do jumping lunges until your legs scream.
- Repeat the suicides and jumping lunges until you feel really not, not good.
Finish with ab exercises of your choice, stretches and ice cream sandwiches.